Saturday, June 14, 2025

He is a cutie!

 My grandson was born towards the end of May!  The OB doctor had scheduled an agreed induction date, having decided that as she was borderline high blood pressure and borderline diabetic and that the baby was a good size it would be better for all.  Daughter L had a smooth delivery, it seemed to go perfectly.  We are all overjoyed.  He was 8 lbs 2 oz, 52 cm.  She highly recommends the epidural pain killer, it helped immensely.  She ended up knowing her anaesthesiologist from high school!  They greeted each other by first names and he asked if she was ok with him administering the epidural as they knew each other.  She did not care at that point. 

It has been a busy time and we are helping out where we can.  Breastfeeding is a hard job for the mom with little rest allowed.  Daughter L and her husband are already such good parents.  I ended up getting them some newborn onesies as 0-3 month clothes didn't fit.  The ultrasounds can be misleading, pointing to a 70-90th percentile baby!

He is a cutie and we are overjoyed as are family and friends!  Baby C is here!

34 comments:

  1. The most joyful event for a family,
    the birth of a baby!
    Be healthy and enjoy your baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Grandma! Hooray! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a beautiful birth story filled with serendipity, strength, and love, and how wonderful to see Daughter L stepping so gracefully into motherhood

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great news. Having a healthy baby is remarkable considering what could have gone wrong due to her health issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Grandma and the parents.
    I wish the new arrival all the best.
    Such wonderful news, thank you.Hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that’s wonderful Christine! Congratulations to the new parents and to you and your husband. You must be over the moon! This is such great news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing.
    I invite you to visit my last post. Have a good week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart feels happy immensely for you and your daughter dear Christine 🥹🥰♥️
    I am grateful for everything went smoothly by the grace of God🙏
    The baby boy sounds so cute and healthy 🙏♥️
    Wishing her best health and how amazing she is feeding her baby 🥹♥️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations :-D When my daughter was born I didn't have the epidural!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I am so happy everything went so well. All the best to you guys. Thanks so much for the update ☀️💛☀️💛☀️💛

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! This is the best news---so happy everyone is well and childbirth wasn't terrible for your sweet girl. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! New babies don't stay new for long and they are to be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to all

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so thrilled for all of you, Christine! Nothing like a healthy baby and mom, and a first grandchild for you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Felicitaciones. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful news.
    Many congratulations to all the family.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, this is WONDERFUL. Happy Happy Dance all the way around. Very exciting. Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to both you and your daughter and every one else in the family. How exciting. I bet even in the last few weeks he has changed so much too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations

    My son was born 8lbs exactly

    He's in the top 10% for growth

    So your grandson is going to be big and strong too

    Adam

    NEKORANDOM.COM

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats to your family!
    Wishing your daughter and her husband all the best on this incredible journey of parenthood.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you all so much for your warm regards I so appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations to you all! What a happy time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats Grandma! Hooray! Linda in Kansas

    comme des garcons

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations! He sounds like a big, healthy baby boy. I wish I had an epidural with my second kid.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay! Congratulations, Christine! 8 lbs 2 oz.? That is a very healthy baby. My daughter had the epidural and was glad to have it. I had to rely on Lamaze to help with the pain. ;-)

    ReplyDelete