Friday, August 9, 2024

Friday Art - Glass Wing Butterfly


 Welcome to Friday Art!  This is my glass wing butterfly ACEO (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") in acrylic marker with a watercolour pencil background.

Linking to Nicole's Friday Face Off and to Gillena's Art For Fun Friday.

33 comments:

roentare said...

The wing resembles a caterpillar too

🌺JoAnna I. - K.🌺 said...

Very interesting and nice. 🦋

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never heard of a glass wing butterfly, but it is beautiful.

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful. I saw a plain white one the other day (maybe a moth? At daytime?)

Gillena Cox said...

Beautiful butterfly. Thanks for linking to AFFF

much♡love

ellie said...

So wonderful to see your Friday art! Happy Weekend!

Ivy's Closet said...

So great that you do these. I admire your talent! All the best to your creativity!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Always interesting to see what you create. All the best to your lovely creativity!

Angie's Recipes said...

That's very beautiful!

My name is Erika. said...

Nice. It is definitely butterfly season now! Have a great start to your weekend. hugs-Erika

Pam said...

nice.....I think I have only painted one butterfly before. And I did it in a different way of painting then I normally do.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful drawing! Hugs, Valerie

gigi-hawaii said...

Wonder why the name. It's pretty.

Jeanie said...

That's lovely, Christine!

Ananka said...

That is a cute butterfly :-D

Rostrose said...

That's very pretty Friday art, dear Christine! Do glasswing butterflies REALLY exist?
All the best, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/08/weltreise-2024-immer-noch-neuseeland.html

Granny Annie said...

Love the sketch and the colors.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Lovely!

carol l mck said...

Always wonderful creative art works here ~ lovely butterfly ~ hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Christine said...

Gigi the wings are transparent and glassy looking

Mor Düşler Kitaplığı said...

The wings look interesting. :)

Mary Kirkland said...

Very cute, it came out nice.

New Release Books said...

So beautiful.

CheerfulMonk said...

❤️👍😊

peppylady (Dora) said...

I don't believe we have glass wing butterflies here.

J.P. Alexander said...

Bella mariposa. Te mando un beso.

Tom said...

...there can never be too many butterflies.

NatureFootstep said...

nice drawing :)

DVArtist said...

Wow this is so pretty. You are just so talented. Thank you for sharing with FFO.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely art.

The Happy Whisk said...

Very cool, Christine. Hope you're having a yummy weekend. We are! Keeping in quick and simple this weekend with food. Delightful.

DeniseinVA said...

Very pretty, I like this!

Busy Bee Suz said...

You know I love this one!!