First I wanted to tell you how happy I am with this white pastel pen I am using. It is great for use on black poster paper for example. It is called Edding pastel pen in soft white.
Here is my 'jungle' piece, depicting a red eyed tree frog in the jungle. It is an ACEO (2 1/2" x 3 1/2"). I used my edding soft white pastel pen to fill in the shapes and then coloured over top with Sharpie oil paint markers. In this way the Sharpie markers display well on the black poster paper.
For the dinner date, I am showing some tacos I made using old el paso taco shells and old el paso seasoning mix.
You brown a pound of ground beef in some olive oil, add the seasoning mix and 2/3c of water and simmer for 10 minutes.
Then you toast the shells in the oven at 325F for 7 minutes.
For the toppings, dice some tomatoes, shred some lettuce. You will need some salsa, sourcream and shredded cheese.
To assemble, place 2-3 spoons of the cooked ground beef into a taco shell. Top with salsa, sourcream, tomatoes, lettuce and cheese. I microwaved the taco for 35 seconds in the microwave just to melt the cheese. Yum!






I swear you have made me hungry. LOVE that tree frog. It's a beauty.
ReplyDeleteFrog looks dynamic and the tacos look yum!
ReplyDeleteTacos are always that tasty mean after eating leftovers for a few days. Thanks so much. Cool jungle painting too!
ReplyDeleteLooks like some beautiful tacos! Awesome painting too!
ReplyDeleteI like those taco shells! They old more..especially, more toppings! Cool art!
ReplyDeleteOh, yummy! We haven't had tacos in ages. I should make some soon!
ReplyDeleteThis looks very delicious ;)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE dinner dates and that frog. Love the eyes! I dreampt about frogs and eyes last night.
ReplyDeleteAwesome art.
ReplyDeleteThat's a cute frog!
ReplyDeleteYour frog is sweet and the tacos look very delicious! Hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteOh the tacos look delicious.
ReplyDeleteNice tree frog art. Happy you dropped by my blog Christine
Much💛love
Cool pen and grat drawing of the frog!
ReplyDeleteYummmm! Can I come over?!
That pen sounds great. I will look for one. The jungle art looks great. However, give me a taco any day. Ymmm....
ReplyDeleteLove your frog and the tacos look delicious.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Love your sweet frog painting, Christine.
ReplyDeleteYour tacos look delicious.
Linda rana, y ricos tacos te mando un beso.
ReplyDelete...we sure are handy with a Sharpie!
ReplyDeletesweet frog ~ great colors ~ Xo
ReplyDeleteWishing you good health, laughter and love in your days ~
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
Nice frog art
ReplyDeleteLove the frog and that recipe. Thanks Christine!
ReplyDeleteThis looks great! We haven't made tacos in such a long time since my mom can't eat hard things with her dentures.
ReplyDeleteYour tacos look amazing!!! I'm craving that now! I love your frog, and thanks for sharing about the pen Christine. I'll look for it when I'm at Michael's tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteTerrific art !
ReplyDeleteTempting tacos: )
A white pen could be very handy. What a cute frog and I LOVE tacos!!
ReplyDeleteGood tip for the pen. I'm going to have to look for one. Love the little frog.
ReplyDelete