Friday, July 24, 2026

Friday Art - Monarch Butterfly

 


Welcome to Friday Art!

This is a monarch butterfly feasting on a milkweed plant, ACEO (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") in acrylic and watercolour pencil. It is based on a photo my sister took, she has a milkweed plant.  I tried to capture the monarch's proboscis. That is its straw-like tongue.

Linking to Nicole's Friday Face Off and to Gillena's Art For Fun Friday.

36 comments:

Elkes Lebensglück said...

That is a wonderful painting of a butterfly, hugs Elke

Angie's Recipes said...

I love monarch butterfly!

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Beautiful! Have a nice weekend.

Iris Flavia said...

A beautiful sketch. I should maybe start again, too... but I just don´t feel like it! Tips?

Kathylorraine said...

good mornin Beautiful

My name is Erika. said...

Nicely done Christine. I saw a monarch doing this the other day. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely art, a beautiful butterfly.
Wishing you a happy Friday.

All the best Jan

R's Rue said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Iris you haven't been well, mentally you have to get back to the art frame of mind when you feel better.-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Lovely art of my favourite butterfly!

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Beautiful! Congratulations on having Nicole feature you. Happy FFO!

Rose world said...

Lovely art work.

jabblog said...

Lynn from Lynn and Precious https://www.blogger.com/profile/07667620426688527712 has hatched three Monarchs this year and is looking for more caterpillars.

Manifestação Literária said...

Ficou lindo, parabens!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Lovely, Christine! I do love seeing butterflies.

LoveT. said...

Oh, how pretty

Have a nice weekend

DVArtist said...

Ohhhh Christine I love this painting! You captured the Monarch perfectly. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a nice weekend.

an artist reflects said...

Stunning butterfly creation ~ Hugs ^_^

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Lovely monarch painting, Christine.
They are a wonder.

Gillena Cox said...

You did get everything in
Nice art
Happy Friday
Thanks for linking to AFFF

MUCH LOVE

Carola Bartz said...

This is beautiful, Christine.

CheerfulMonk said...

Well done!

Lisca said...

What a beautiful monarch butterfly!
Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.
Happy Friday!
Lisca

Wanda said...

Very beautiful work, Chistine.

chocolat noir said...

Belle Soirée A Toi,a demain gros bisous

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I like to see a butterfly fluttering about. I've seen more this than last year.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Wanda!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

chocolat noir said...

je te dit bonne soiree gros bisous

Tom said...

...thanks Christine, I've a few, very few this year!

J.P. Alexander said...

Linda mariposa. Te mando un beso.

Gene Black said...

Christine, that is a lovely rendering of the Monarch. I love the background also.

Ane said...

Acho linda esta borboleta! Bela arte!
Bom fim de semana! Beijos nas bochechas!
φ(゜▽゜*)♪

tarzan599 said...

merci bonjour une bonne journee ce samedi
et un bon week end bisous de nous deux

DeniseinVA said...

Really beautiful!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love this!!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

It's beautiful, Christine!

-Soma