They are very tasty and nutritious. In my area it was the main local production and the residents made delicious red pepper which they exported to many countries. Now only a few villages produce this fine product. Have a beautiful week Christina🧡
Dear Christine, it's easier to know in German. Because both the spice and the fruit are called PAPRIKA. For us, there is more confusion in the English language, because peppers would sound more like pepper (PFEFFER) to us, and that is a completely different spice. And we call pepperoni pizza SALAMI PIZZA, while PFEFFERONI are hot peppers, which we also like to put on pizza ;-DD All the best, have a nice Sunday and a good start to the new week, Traude https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/07/sommerliche-leichtigkeit-in-der-wachau.html
I grow paprikas in my garden. I just ate my first paprika this year. It was a delicious salad with tomatoes, onion, parsley, oil, vinegar and salt. One of my favourite summer salads. The English name "peppers" always reminded me of pepper the hot spice and it took me quite a long time tell one from the other.
I didn't know that either! It's fascinating to learn that paprika comes from crushed red bell peppers. Thanks for sharing this interesting tidbit, Christine! Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.
Gillena Cox said: "i am surprised because the powedered paprika is a hot spice." It is no necessarily so. We've got both hot and sweet powdered red paprika. I only use the latter. If I want a dish to be hot I use chilli peppers.
All I know is that my MIL brought back a large jar of it when she visited Hungary many years ago and I had a portion of it in my refrigerator for the longest time.
We call red bell peppers 'paprika' here.
ReplyDeleteI was today years old when I learned Paprika is crushed red bell peppers.
ReplyDeleteMolto interessante, non lo sapevo neanche io
ReplyDeleteThey are very tasty and nutritious.
ReplyDeleteIn my area it was the main local production
and the residents made delicious red pepper which they exported to many countries.
Now only a few villages produce this fine product.
Have a beautiful week Christina🧡
I never knew this either
ReplyDeleteI always wondered where paprika came from!
ReplyDeleteJulia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/
I never thought about what paprika was made from either. Peppers. That's good to know.Happy Sunday.
ReplyDeleteI wasn't sure. I knew it had to be a pepper, but I didn't know which one. Thanks so much! (✿◡‿◡)
ReplyDeleteOh, I do love peppers! Great!
ReplyDeleteSweet to know! Great Sunday post!
ReplyDeleteDear Christine,
ReplyDeleteit's easier to know in German. Because both the spice and the fruit are called PAPRIKA. For us, there is more confusion in the English language, because peppers would sound more like pepper (PFEFFER) to us, and that is a completely different spice. And we call pepperoni pizza SALAMI PIZZA, while PFEFFERONI are hot peppers, which we also like to put on pizza
;-DD
All the best, have a nice Sunday and a good start to the new week, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/07/sommerliche-leichtigkeit-in-der-wachau.html
Thanks for sharing the information. I figured it came from a special type of pepper.
ReplyDeleteThe bell peppers we get here are not hot. So i am surprised because the powedered paprika is a hot spice
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday Christine
much♡love
I grow paprikas in my garden. I just ate my first paprika this year. It was a delicious salad with tomatoes, onion, parsley, oil, vinegar and salt. One of my favourite summer salads.
ReplyDeleteThe English name "peppers" always reminded me of pepper the hot spice and it took me quite a long time tell one from the other.
I didn't know that!
ReplyDeleteUfff, I knew it! :)
ReplyDeletePaprica is a favorite spice of mine, and of course, I know its origin.
ReplyDeleteI donno if I knew this before and forgot it! Mind blowing haha! I love red peppers and paprika!
ReplyDeleteI learned something new here today, Christine. I never thought about paprika coming from bell peppers - lol!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know that either.
ReplyDeleteNo lo sabía. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know that either!
ReplyDeleteIt's fascinating to learn that paprika comes from crushed red bell peppers.
Thanks for sharing this interesting tidbit, Christine!
Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.
A Paprika-tree is a cute idea :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the smile and I did not know this. I'm not sure why I never wondered where paprika came from and now I know :)
ReplyDeleteGillena Cox said: "i am surprised because the powedered paprika is a hot spice." It is no necessarily so. We've got both hot and sweet powdered red paprika. I only use the latter. If I want a dish to be hot I use chilli peppers.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ladka, didn't know about hot paprika.
ReplyDeleteYes, I did know this!
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
That's interesting Ladka
ReplyDeletemuch♡love
All I know is that my MIL brought back a large jar of it when she visited Hungary many years ago and I had a portion of it in my refrigerator for the longest time.
ReplyDelete